All student outcome percentages listed below are based upon a three year average.
- External certification results: 84%
- Graduation rate: 99%
- Placement rate: 100% (i.e., employment positions in the field of study or pursuit of further education)
- Attrition rate: 1%
- Perform procedures of basic histologic laboratory techniques, instrumentation and problem solving at the HT entry-level competency.
- Demonstrate knowledge of general and specific histologic methodology.
- Perform procedures with accuracy and precision.
- Monitor internal and external quality assurance measures.
- Demonstrate knowledge of operational principles of commonly used laboratory instruments to include the ability to perform daily preventative maintenance and correct simple malfunctions.
- Exercise independent judgment regarding choice of procedure and evaluation of results.
- Organize tasks to cope with volume of work and unexpected demands.
- Communicate effectively with Clinical Education Supervisor and Program Director regarding curriculum and training courses.
- Effectively organize and present information both in written assignments and oral communication.
- Communicate effectively with other laboratory and health care providers.
- Display an attitude reflecting pride and professionalism in daily laboratory duties.
- Demonstrate adaptability, integrity, initiative, neatness, maturity, stability and a desire for excellence.
The IU School of Medicine Histotechnology Program (certificate level) at Indiana University-Purdue University Indianapolis is fully accredited by the National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS), Chicago, Illinois, 312-714-8880