The one-year Clinical Neurophysiology Fellowship program fills two positions each year for subspecialty training in EEG and epilepsy and one position in EMG and neuromuscular disorders.
YOU ARE EXPLORING
The Indiana University School of Medicine Department of Neurology offers two ACGME-accredited fellowship programs. Three positions are offered annually for the one-year clinical neurophysiology fellowship. Two of these positions focus on EEG and epilepsy, and one clinical neurophysiology position focuses on EMG and neuromuscular disorders. The Behavioral Neurology and Neuropsychiatry (BNNP) Fellowship program accepts two fellows each year and offers a broad exposure to a variety of conditions seen in outpatient behavioral neurology and neuropsychiatry clinics.
All neurology fellows train at IU School of Medicine clinical partner sites in Indianapolis, including:
- IU Health hospitals: IU Health neurology and neurosurgery programs are consistently highly ranked by US News and World Report.
- Comprehensive Epilepsy Center: The Comprehensive Epilepsy Center is the only level-four epilepsy center in Indiana and is an important site for several multicenter national and international clinical trials, including studies of deep brain stimulation.
- IU Health Neuroscience Center: This new outpatient center unites all the specialties that involve nervous system disorders (neurology, neurosurgery, psychiatry, physical medicine and rehabilitation, neuropsychology and neuroradiology), and this center is home to the main outpatient Neurophysiology (EEG, EMG and Evoked Potentials) laboratory at IU Health.
- Riley Hospital for Children at IU Health: This is the only nationally ranked pediatric hospital in the state of Indiana. Neurology fellows are exposed to a large variety and volume of neurophysiology tests performed across all pediatric age groups—from prematurely born neonates to teenagers.
- Richard L. Roudebusch VA Medical Center: A designated VA-referral center with a broad spectrum of acute and chronic neurologic patients, this facility has a neurophysiology EMG laboratory in which fellows rotate.
The Behavioral Neurology and Neuropsychiatry Fellowship program accepts two fellows each year and prepares clinical experts in cognitive and behavioral neurology and neuropsychiatry.