YOU ARE EXPLORING
News and Events
The Department of Medical and Molecular Genetics offers programs and events throughout the year to advance this important field of medicine and recognize its most accomplished leaders.
The IU School of Medicine Genetic Counseling Graduate Program and the Indiana Network of Genetic Counselors offer the annual GC101 and Genetic Counseling Graduate Program Information Session on August 10, 2018, at IU School of Medicine. This is an opportunity to learn more about the genetic counseling career, the IU School of Medicine Genetic Counseling Graduate Program, and the graduate program admissions process. Attendees can also meet some of the directors and supervising genetic counselors who work closely with the program. Register for this event.
CME Seminar Series
- March 14: Brendan Lee, MD, PhD (Baylor College of Medicine), “Skeletal Dysplasias: Informing Skeletal Function & Homeostasis”
- March 21: Grzegorz Nalepa, MD, PhD (Indiana University School of Medicine), “Patient-Tailored Mouse Genome Editing Recapitulates Clinical Manifestations of Barth Syndrome: From Bedside to Bench and Back”
- March 28: Michael Weiss, MD, PhD (Indiana University School of Medicine), “Biochemical Evolution of SRY in Mammalian Sex Determination”
- April 4: Brian Kaspar, PhD (Nationwide Children’s Hospital), “Gene Delivery Translation in Spinal Muscular Atrophy”
- April 11: Karen Pollok, PhD (Indiana University School of Medicine), TBD
- April 18: Steven Chen (Indiana University School of Medicine), TBD
- April 25: Megan Bernath (Indiana University School of Medicine), TBD