YOU ARE EXPLORING
Jie Zhang, PhD
Assistant Professor of Medical & Molecular Genetics
B.S. in Biological Sciences and Biotechnology, Tshinghua University, China
1. T. Wang, T. S. Johnson, W. Shao, Z. Lu, B. R. Helm, J. Zhang*, and K. Huang*, “BERMUDA: a novel deep transfer learning method for single-cell RNA sequencing batch correction reveals hidden high-resolution cellular subtypes”, Genome Biology, (2019) 20:165. (*co-corresponding authors).
2. T. S. Johnson, T. Wang, Z. Huang, C. Y. Yu, Y. Wu, Y. Han, Y. Zhang, K. Huang, and J. Zhang, “LAmbDA: Label Ambiguous Domain Adaptation Dataset Integration Reduces Batch Effects and Improves Subtype Detection”, Bioinformatics, Apr. 30, 2019, doi: 10.1093/bioinformatics/btz295
3. S. Xiang, Z. Huang, H. Wang, Z. Han, C. Y. Yu, D. Ni, K. Huang, and J. Zhang, “Condition-specific Gene Co-expression Network Mining Identified Key Pathways and Regulators in Alzheimer’s Disease”, BMC Medical Genomics2018 Dec 31;11(Suppl 6):115. doi: 10.1186/s12920-018-0431-1.
4. J. Chen*, J. Zhang*, Y. Han, X. Wang, X. Ye, Y. Meng, A. Pawani, Z. Han, Q. Feng, and K. Huang, “Integrative analysis of histopathological images and genomic data for predicting clear cell renal cell carcinoma prognosis”, Cancer Research, 2017 Nov; 77(21): e91-e100. (*co-first authors)
5. J. Zhang, and K. Huang, “Pan-cancer analysis of frequent DNA co-methylation patterns reveals consistent epigenetic landscape changes in multiple cancers”, BMC Genomics, 2017 Jan 25;18(Suppl 1):1045. doi: 10.1186/s12864-016-3259-0.
6. J. Zhang, Z. Abrams, J. D. Parvin, and K. Huang. “Integrative analysis of somatic mutations and transcriptomic data to functionally stratify breast cancer patients”. BMC Genomics. 2016 Aug 22;17 Suppl 7: 513.
7. J. Zhang, and K. Huang, “Normalized lmQCM: An Algorithm for Detecting Weak Quasi-Cliques in Weighted Graph with Applications in Gene Co-Expression Module Discovery in Cancers”. Cancer Inform. 2016 Jul 24;13(Suppl 3):137-46.
8. S. Shroff*, J. Zhang*, and K. Huang, “Gene Co-Expression Analysis Predicts Genetic Variants Associated with Drug Responsiveness in Lung Cancer”, AMIA Joint Summits Transl Sci Proc. 2016 Jul 20; 2016: 32-41. (*equal contributions, Winner of the Marco Ramoni Distinguished Paper award)
9. T. Bailey, P. Krajewski, I. Ladunga, C. Lefebvre, Q. Li, T. Liu, P. Madrigal, C. Taslim, and J. Zhang, “Practical Guidelines for the Comprehensive Analysis of ChIP-seq data”, PloS Comp. Biol. Nov 14, 2013, 9(11): e1003326, DOI: 10.1371/journal.pcbi.1003326
10. Y. Xiang, J. Zhang, and K. Huang, "Mining tissue-tissue gene co-expression network for tumor microenvironment study and biomarker prediction", BMC Genomics,14(S5): S4, 2013.
11. J. Zhang, K. Lu, Y. Xiang, M. Islam, S. Kotian, Z. Kais, C. Lee, M. Arora, H. Liu, J. D. Parvin, and K. Huang, “Weighted Frequent Gene Co-expression Network Mining to Identify Genes Involved in Genome Stability”, PLoS Comput. Biol. 8(8): e1002656. doi:10.1371 /journal.pcbi.1002656, 2012.
12. J. Zhang, J. D. Parvin, and K. Huang, “Redistribution of H3K4me2 on neural tissue specific genes during mouse brain development”, BMC Genomics, 13 (suppl.8): S5, 2012.
Titles & Appointments
- Adjunct Assistant Professor, School of Informatics & Computing
- Assistant Professor in Center for Computational Biology and Bioinformatics
Our lab is focused on developing and applying translational bioinformatics and system biology methods to identify disease genes, pathways, and biomarkers with applications in cancers, neurological diseases, and other types of diseases.