YOU ARE EXPLORING
Marcus J. Miller, PhD
Assistant Professor of Clinical Medical & Molecular Genetics
Marcus J. Miller, PhD FACMG, is an ABMGG certified clinical biochemical geneticist that oversees the biochemical genetics testing laboratory at Indiana University. Prior to this position, Dr. Miller was an assistant professor at Baylor College of Medicine and an assistant director within the Baylor Genetics Laboratories. Dr. Miller’s research interests focus on improving the diagnosis and management of patients with inborn errors of metabolism.
1. Jain, M., Kennedy, A.D., Elsea S.H., Miller, M.J., (2017) “Analytes Related to Erythrocyte Metabolism are Reliable Biomarkers for Preanalytical Error Due to Delayed Plasma Processing in Metabolomics Studies” Clinica Chimica Acta, PMID28069401.
2. Miller, M.J., Bostwick, B.L., Kennedy, A.D., Taraka, D., Sun, Q., Sutton, V.R., Elsea, S.H., (2016) “Chronic oral L-carnitine supplementation drives marked plasma TMAO elevations in patients with organic acidemias despite dietary meat restrictions” Journal of Inherited Metabolic Disease Reports, PMID26936850
3. Miller, M.J., Burrage L.C., Gibson, J.B., Strenk, M.E., Lose, J.E, Bick, D.P., Elsea, S.H., Sutton, V.R., Sun, Q., Graham, B.H., Craigen, W.J., Zhang, W., Wong, L.C. (2015) “Recurrent ACADVL molecular findings in individuals with a positive newborn screen for very long chain acyl-coA dehydrogenase (VLCAD) deficiency in the United States” Molecular Genetics and Metabolism, 116(3): 139-145. PMID26385305
4. Burrage, L.C, Miller, M.J., Wong, L.J., Kennedy, A.D., Sutton, V.R., Sun, Q., Elsea, S.H., Graham, B.H. (2015) “Elevations of C14:1 and C14:2 Plasma Acylcarnitines in Fasted Children: A Diagnostic Dilemma” Journal of Pediatrics, PMID26602010
5. Miller, M.J, Kennedy, A.D., Eckhart, A.D., Burrage, L.C., Wulff, J.E., Miller, L.A.D., Milburn, M.V., Ryals, J.A., Beaudet, A.L., Sun, Q., Sutton, V.R., Elsea, S.H. (2015) “Untargeted metabolomic analysis for the clinical screening of inborn errors of metabolism.” Journal of Inherited Metabolic Disease, 38(6): 1029-1039. PMID25875217
6. Miller, M.J., Soler-Alfonso, C.R., Grund, J.E., Fang, P., Sun, Q., Elsea, S.H., Sutton, V.R. (2014). Improved standards for prenatal diagnosis of citrullinemia. Molecular Genetics and Metabolism, 112, 205-209.
Titles & Appointments
- Director, Clinical Biochemical Genetics Diagnostic Laboratory
American Society of Human Genetics
American Board of Medical Genetics and Genomics (ABMGG)