Campus News and Events
Year-round, the Evansville community offers a growing list of cultural events as well as fun-runs and park experiences. The medical school also hosts a series of popular events for students and the community, including the Annual Scholarship Banquet, held each spring to recognize academic achievement, and the Alumni and Friends Celebration with guest of Honor Dean Hess, held every November to recognize and give thanks to IU School of Medicine–Evansville alumni, donors and friends.
Each autumn, IU School of Medicine-Evansville sponsors a lecture series and luncheon featuring a nationally prominent medical speaker whose expertise in an area of medical specialty and/or biomedical research is internationally recognized. The annual Patrick J.V. and Margaret B. Corcoran Lecture is an endowed lectureship honoring the memory of the founding director of the southwestern regional campus, IU School of Medicine-Evansville.
For questions regarding medical research, educational programming or clinical care at IU School of Medicine or to schedule a tour, photo shoot or interview with IU School of Medicine faculty for medical education or research expertise, please contact the Office of Strategic Communications. Media inquiries about the Evansville campus, facilities and programming or to schedule a visit to IU School of Medicine–Evansville, email Catherine Zimmermann or call 812-909-7235.
- $2.5 million grant to support residency expansion in southwest Indiana
- IU School of Medicine launches new opportunity for medical school applicants
- IU School of Medicine honors Evansville physician Mark D. Browning with prestigious award
- IU School of Medicine graduates physicians, scientists in Class of 2019
- Indiana University School of Medicine Southwest Indiana Internal Medicine Residency receives accreditation