Emergency Mobilization Procedure
The IU School of Medicine Task Force on Bioterrorism established the following recommendations for physicians, medical students, residents and other health care professionals in the event of a disaster requiring medical mobilization:
- All personnel should report for duty to the hospital to which they are currently assigned. In other words, IU School of Medicine staff with an office in Eskenazi should report to Eskenazi. Medical students rotating on Internal Medicine at the VA should report to the VA.
- All personnel should wear their university/hospital ID tags at all times. Arrangements are pending for emergency credentialing by the Medical Reserve Corps, which would allow medical personnel to report for duty at the closest hospital in Marion County.
- Each hospital will have prominent signs posted in the main lobbies directing groups of individuals to report to specified locations, including ER, OR, clinics and command posts.
- Updates will be posted to Protect IU, and information will be available by calling the IUPUI Disaster Preparedness hotline at 317-274-7911. In the event that television networks and phone service are unavailable, information will be posted in each hospital.
- The following websites will post instructions during an emergency: