The Office of Undergraduate Medical Education at Indiana University School of Medicine is located in the Robert M Long building on the campus of IUPUI. We are an administrative unit of IUSM; we work hand-in-hand with IUSM students and faculty in all aspects of medical education. Our vision is to cultivate a robust, dynamic curriculum that exemplifies IUSM’s core competencies and fully prepares our graduates to become outstanding physicians.
We are a community of learners who believe education is the most important mission of the institution and is our foundational core.
IU Office of Undergraduate Medical Education is dedicated to:
- Excellence that is demonstrated in the innovative conduct and continuous improvement of our competency-based undergraduate medical education program
- Respect for individuals who are affiliated with, or come in contact with, Indiana University School of Medicine
- Integrity that embraces the very highest standards of ethical behavior and exemplary moral character
- Diversity that is reflected through the curriculum and acknowledges all learners
- Cooperation that is exemplified through collegial communication and collaboration