Extensive Research Opportunities
The second and third years of fellowship are primarily dedicated to research. The research within the Division is nationally recognized and encompasses a wide spectrum from basic science to translational clinical research. Some areas of intense research include:
Acute Renal Failure
Metabolic Bone Disease
Polycystic Kidney Disease
- Basic science research is a major force in our Division, active in many areas including:
- Acute Kidney Injury
- Polycystic Kidney Disease
- Cellular trafficking and signaling
- Protein sorting
- Cellular polarity
- Clinical and Translational Research is also very active in our Division. Some areas of intense work include:
- Bone and mineral metabolism
- Obesity and metabolic syndrome
- Novel dialytic therapies
- NIH Center of Excellence with doctoral programs in microscopy.
- Primary goal of this Center is to develop new optical methods for investigators in diverse fields of research.
- The Center also pioneered intravital multiphoton microscopy, 3-D imaging and quantitative microscopic analyses.
Using Confocal and Two-Photon Microscopy