- Develop an interdepartmental cohort of residents with similar interests in global health training and careers
- Develop sensitivity to health disparities and an understanding of the social, economic, cultural, and enviromental factors that contribute to health and disease
- Provide clinical experiences that promote cross-cultural sensitivity
- Encourage long-term commitment to global health issues, both domestic and international
- Provide opportunities for mentorship by IUSM faculty with substantial experience in the field of global health.